Looking for some easy, cute everyday hairstyles? We've got the perfect thing for you.
With our busy lives and always running late, it's easy to get stuck in a routine where we throw on some clothes and pull our hair up in a bun or a low ponytail last minute. But the reality is, with just 5 or 10 more minutes of planning and effort - it's so easy to pick out a cute outfit and do a cute hairstyle. And let's face it, when we look great - we feel great!
In this video, we're showing 5 days of outfits that will get you through Monday to Friday (yes, second and third day hair is accounted for, haha!). Watch it by clicking below or scroll down for step-by-step instructions:
Look of the day: plaid button up shirt and top knot
This hairstyle looks great when the hair is freshly washed. Here's how to do it:
- Split the hair at the crown of your head, and tie a half high ponytail
- Twist that section of hair and pull it apart to create some more volume
- Wrap it around in a bun and secure with bobby pins
- Pull on the bun you've created to shape it up until you like the way it looks
If you want to see a step by step video tutorial on how to do a top knot, click here.
Look of the day: cozy sweater and half-up braided hairstyle
This hairstyles works well for both straight and curled or curly/wavy hair and just takes a couple of minutes to create! Here's how to do it:
- Part your hair in the middle
- Take a small section at the front on your left side, and do a regular three strand braid and tie with a small, clear elastic
- Take a small section at the front on your other side, and do a regular three strand braid again and tie with a small, clear elastic
- Secure both braids at the back of your head with some bobby pins
- Add your favorite accessory like a flower or a bow
Look of the day: white button-up and dutch ponytail
This is such a beautiful hairstyle! It looks a little complicated at first, but once you learn how to do a dutch braid, this hairstyle is super cute and doesn't take that long to create! If you want to learn how the dutch braid technique, click here.
- Begin doing a dutch braid from the top of your head down to the nape of your neck
- Tie the rest of the hair into a ponytail at the nape
- Take a small piece of hair and wrap it around the hair elastic to hide it
Look of the day: denim shirt and french braid
If your hair is feeling a little bit oily, this hairstyle is the perfect solution. This hairstyle can work on both straight hair, curly hair, clean hair and oily hair. It's a classic, and is frankly underrated - because it looks SUPER cute!
- Use some dry shampoo if your hair is a little bit oily and brush your hair
- Do a french braid in the back and finish off with a regular braid
- Tie with a clear elastic and fan out the braid for more volume
If you want a step by step video tutorial on how to do a french braid, click here
Look of the day: cute coat + hat and a fishtail braid
If you're having a bad hair day, there are a few things you could do. Precisely, we came up with 6 things you could do to easily fix a bad hair day (click here to see what they are). One of those things, is to rock a braid and a hat combo!
- If you want your braid to be longer and thicker, clip in your Luxy Hair extensions before creating the hairstyle. Karin is wearing the 220g Dirty Blonde Luxy Hair extensions set in this video for some highlights and more length and volume in her hair.
- Brush all the hair to the side and start doing a fishtail braid. Click here to learn how to do a fishtail braid.
- Fan out the braid at the end to make it look even fuller and finish off with a cute hat or a beanie.
Try these fun hairstyles for the weekend:
Double Dutch Braids
3 Stunning Updos That You Can Do Yourself